ADULT RESIDENTIAL HOUSING ASSISTANCE & HOMES:
- Community Housing Network ( www.communityhousingnetwork.org ): FREE “Getting My Own Address Guide” for individuals with ASD and other developmental disabilities that are transitioning. 570 Kirts Blvd., Suite 231, Troy, Michigan 48084, with offices in Macomb, Oakland and Wayne counties, (248) 928-0111, (866) 282.3119 (toll free).
- Getting My Own Address for People with Autism Spectrum Disorders and Developmental Disabilities (GMOA): this is a program for people with autism spectrum disorders and developmental disabilities and their families. The program makes clear the steps, options and choices that are available to plan for housing in the community of one's choice.
- On My Own of Michigan: (www.myownofmi.org) On My Own of Michigan serves adults with mild developmental intellectual disabilities including but not limited to Autism Spectrum Disorder, Down Syndrome, Epilepsy and Seizure Disorders, Cerebral Palsy, and Learning Disabilities. They offer apartment living programs as well as social programs for their members.
- The Disability Network : Independent living support connection to resources for adaptive equipment, personal assistants, affordable accessible housing and future planning. 3600 S Dort Hwy, Suite 54, Flint 810-742-1800
- Homes for Autism ( www.homesforautism.org ): (586) 477-0493 - Homes for Autism provides and maintains houses for adults with autism and developmental disabilities.
WORK, TRAINING FOR ADULTS:
- Goodwill Industries ( www.goodwillmidmichigan.org ): programs and services that teach marketable job skills to individuals who are 16 years of age or older with disabilities and special needs. 501 S Averill Ave, Flint (810-762-9960
- Michigan Rehab Services ( www.michigan.gov/mdcd ): helps Michigan residents with disabilities achieve employment and self-sufficiency. Flint Main MRS Office, 711 North Saginaw Street, Suite 124, Flint, MI 48503. 810-760-2103. 877-620-7912
- Freedom Work Opportunities: this is a Non profit 501 c 3 Vocational Training Program serving the needs of developmentally disabled adults in the Oakland, Livingston, and Genesee County areas. (248) 887-1597
- The Disability Network : Try out the latest computers, instructor led computer classes, accessible computers and stations, internet priting capabilities. 3600 S Dort Hwy, Suite 54, Flint 810-742-1800
- American Sign Language: ( www.aslbrowser.commtechlab.msu.edu )
- ABA Resources ( www.abaresources.com ): for Recovery from Autism/PDD/Hyperlexia
- Asperger Syndrome Information & Support: ( www.aspergersyndrome.org )
- Autism Alliance of Michigan ( www.autismallianceofmichigan.org ): resources and information regarding insurance coverage coverage 248-436-5606
- Autism Society of Michigan: ( www.autism-mi.org ) (800) 223-6722
- Autism Society of America: ( www.autism-society.org ) 1.800.3AUTISM
- Autism Speaks: ( www.autismspeaks.org ) Comprehensive list of services in Michigan
- Autism Training Solutions ( www.autismtrainingsolutions.com ): is an on-line education company dedicated to training professionals and paraprofessionals within the field of autism and related behavioral disabilities.